Last Updated on by
Do want to know how the 9pay wallet works? You are at the right place in time. In this article, I will be discussing what 9pay is all about and how to get started with 9pay Immediately.
What Is 9pay e-wallet?
9pay wallet (e-wallet) is powered by UBA on 9mobile. A Nigerian Telecommunication company. 9pay e-wallet allows you to make a purchase on play store quickly dispensing the use of debit or credit card to complete transactions.
The platform allows you to make web service and other monetary transactions such as
- Paying of Bills (Movie, DStv, Govt, and Power)
- Airtime purchase, and Sale
- Send or request payment from family and friends
Before you can be able to make transactions with this 9pay, you will need to create an account and then add funds to it.
After funding the account, you use it for whichever purpose you want, such as the ones I listed earlier.
In this article, I will show you how to create an account and make a payment on play store with other available transaction gateways.
You see this new 9pay e-wallet by 9mobile will make you dump your bank transactions and stick to it because of its simplicity and ease of use.
How To Create and Activate 9pay e-wallet.
Opening or creating the 9moble 9pay e-wallet is easy with just two methods and three steps each. The first method is by USSD code — the Second one by online Activation.
All you need to provide is your First Name, Last Name, Phone Number & your preferred 4-digit PIN and your account is your done deal.
1. How to activate Account Using USSD Code
- Dial *500# on your 9moble registered sim card and followed the prompt instruction. They will require that you choose the type of account you want to use.
- Choose the “Customer” option and press enter or okay.
- Complete the rest by providing the rest of the required details, which are your name (Sun name and first name), then your four-digit transaction pin.
2. How to Activate Account Online
You register for the account by visiting the 9pay official website at 9pay.com.ng. Use the get started button on the homepage or click sign up at the far top right-hand side of the page. Alternatively, use the *500# on your 9mobile sim.
Read Also: How to open verified US Paypal account in Nigeria.
How To Fund 9pay e-wallet.
As I have stated earlier, to use the e-wallet account, you need to fund it. You will need a Credit or Debit card to be able to fund your account.
To fund your 9pay wallet, follow the steps given below
Step 1. Login to Your 9pay Wallet
Login to your 9pay wallet online, with your phone number and four-digit pin.
Step 2. Click On Fund Account
Click on “Fund Account” button as seen below and a window will pop up.
From there, enter the amount you want to send
Step 3. Specify Amount and Enter Your Credit Card Details
Enter your card details and then click on “Continue.” Allow the system to request payment access from your credit card provider; this might take 30 seconds to 5 minutes to request payment access.
Step 4. Activate OTP Sent To Mobile Phone
You will receive a one-time password (OTP) on the phone number attached to the credit/debit card. Check your SMS and enter the six-digit pin as a request.
Step 5. Final Step, Make Your Payment
Complete transaction by clicking on pay/make payment/ Proceed.
How To Use 9pay e-wallet.
The e-wallet can be used for the following purposes;
- Send or request payment from family and friends.
- Make a purchase on play store without credit or debit card.
- Recharge airtime on your sim to make a call or buy data
- Pay Bills such as cable TV and Electricity like EKDC, DSTV, GoTV, Ikeja Electricity, States, and smile airtime or bundle recharge.
- Buy Movie and show tickets easily.
I hope this information has helped you?
Please share to let your friends Know about the 9pay e-wallet.