Are you in search for a way to change the date of birth on your WAEC certificate? Maybe because you accidentally gave the wrong information during the registration process or you encountered an error that you noticed only after completing the registration process.Information Guide Nigeria
The West African Examination Council (WAEC) understands that its candidate are human beings, and as such, mistakes are bound to happen. Since the possibility of errors can’t be ruled out, the examination body has made it possible for candidates who entered a wrong name or wrong date of birth during the registration process to be able to correct it without any problem. Having an incorrect date of birth on your WAEC certificate is capable of rendering that certificate utterly useless. For instance, getting admission into an institution of higher learning, would require you to submit various documents for the screening process, and one of such documents is the WAEC certificate.WAEC Result
Once the date of birth on your WAEC certificate and your birth certificate does not tally, you admission will not be processed. Therefore, if you have an incorrect date of birth on your WAEC certificate, it is best to change it now! To find out how to change the date of birth on your WAEC certificate, continue reading this post.JAMB Form
How to correct the date of birth on your WAEC Certificate
Correcting “Date of Birth” on WAEC certificate is a regarded as a sensitive alteration that must be carried out at the West African Examination Council (WAEC) state office, most preferably the head office in Lagos. In 2019, WAEC officially stopped the changing of Dates of Birth due to the rising cases of candidates falsifying their ages to suit their personal interest. Hence, if you wish to change the date of birth on your WAEC certificate, it must be carried out at the WAEC state office. The following procedures will be required in order to change the date of birth on your WAEC certificate.JAMB Result
Read Also: How to Complain to WAEC and be heard
Note: The procedures required to change the date of birth on your WAEC certificate depends on whether you are a private candidate or school candidate.
The following procedures are for private candidates who wish to correct the date of birth on their WAEC certificate:How to Connect NIN to Glo SIM
- Step 1: Visit any WAEC state or zonal office near you.
- Step 2: Go with an Attestation Letter. You can get the attestation letter from your school. This letter shows that you were/or still a bonafide student of the institution.
- Step 3: You will be required to submit an application letter stating the request and the particular correction you wish to be done on your WAEC certificate.
- Step 4: The original copy of your Birth certificate will be demanded by the attendantHow to Check MTN Tariff Plan
- Step 5: Make sure you bring the original copy of the WAEC result with the error on it
- Step 6: Submit a Sworn Affidavit from a high court, for the correction of date of birth.change date of Birth on WAEC Certificate
- Step 7: if you are a graduate, you will be required to present your school register showing that you were among those that graduated from the institution
- Step 8: A cash sum of N10,000 will be demanded for the correction of date of birth on your WAEC certificate. After payment, the attendant will process your request, and you will be asked to check back later to get your new WAEC certificate with the corrected date of birth.
The following procedures are for school candidates who wish to correct the date of birth on their WAEC certificate:
- Step 1: Candidates will be required to submit the necessary documents to their school principal who will make an official request on their behalf.
- Step 2: Go to the school or institution where you took the WAEC examination
- Step 3: Inform the school management or principal that the date of birth on your WAEC certificate is incorrect, and you wish to rectify it.Npower Recruitment
- Step 4: Provide all the required documents needed for the correction of date of birth. The documents required are the same for both private and school candidates.
- Step 5: You will be asked to pay a sum of money for the processing of your request. The amount requested may be above N10,000 depending on the school.