This is to inform all interested candidates for admission into UNIABUJA Sustainable Development Center that the postgraduate admission forms are out. Interested candidates should see the list of courses, admission requirements, cost of form, and how to apply below.
The Sustainable Development Centre University of Abuja is a multi-disciplinary centre which accepts students from different academic background, including Natural Science, Health Sciences, Social Sciences, Management Sciences, Law, Arts etc. This is because Sustainable Development Practice Study is an interdisciplinary program that encompasses science, technology, arts, economics, history, management, geography, health sciences, sociology, public administration etc.
The program will attract experienced, engaged, and entrepreneurial students from Abuja, other parts of Nigeria, Africa and around the globe. Its rigorous curriculum provides core scientific knowledge, skills in problem-solving, design and management, analytical and decision-making tools, and integrative perspectives. The program’s foundational core curriculum is supplemented by individually customized specialization, drawing from the unparalleled breadth and depth of one of the Nigeria’s top public university – University of Abuja.
The Centre’s focus is on practice with hands-on, experiential learning infused throughout the program. It emphasizes peer learning, enriched by a student cohort diverse in education, profession, and culture. Students come with backgrounds across the sciences and humanities.
Academic Master’s Degree Programmes (full time only)
- MSc Degree in Sustainable Development Studies
- MSc Degree in Climate and Society Studies
- MSc Degree in Peace and Conflict Studies
- MSc Degree in Migration Studies
Professional Master’s Degree Programmes (full time and part time)
- Master’s Degree in Sustainable Development Studies
- Master’s Degree in Climate and Society Studies
- Master’s Degree in Peace and Conflict Studies
- Master’s Degree in Migration Studies
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes (full time and part time)
- PGD Sustainable Development Studies
- PGD Climate and Society Studies
- PGD Peace and Conflict Studies
- PGD Migration Studies
GENERAL ADMISSION REQUIREMENTS
Applicants seeking admission into the programmes must possess the following:
- Five O’Level credits including English Language and Mathematics at the ‘O’ Level, in not more than two sittings.
- Bachelor’s degree in any discipline with Second Class Honours Lower division, except for postgraduate diploma programmes where candidates may be admitted with a minimum of Third Class Degree or Lower Credit, Higher National Diploma or its equivalent from a recognised university
- NYSC discharge certificate or exemption letter
DURATION OF PROGRAMMES
Master’s Degree Programmess:
- Full-time: a minimum of four semesters and a maximum of six semesters
- Part-time: A minimum of six semesters and a maximum of eight semesters.
Postgraduate Diploma Programmes:
- Full-time Diploma: Minimum of two semesters and a maximum of four semesters.
- Part-time Diploma: Minimum of four semesters and maximum of six semesters
(Field trip outside Nigeria is a mandatory requirement for all the courses)
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Prospective candidates are requested to process their admission through www.portal.uniabuja.edu.ng
On the portal Home page, Click on New Application? Click here to apply
On the left hand menu under Apply Now, click Available portals and select Sustainable Development Centre
Follow the online instructions to complete your application.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Sept. 2022
For further enquiries visit our office at Area 3, Garki, Abuja, email [email protected] or phone 07082336117